Saturday, November 1, 2008

Tagged, huh?

So one of my dear friend decided to tag me... so I'll go along since I usually don't.
7 random things about me... REALLY random.

1) When I call in sick/missed class (as I did 3 days this week), I feel obligated to be a bum and act like I feel worse than I really do. I really didn't feel good this week but felt a lot worse at night, hack hack hack. So when I felt good, I almost felt guilty about it. Always been a rule stickler so I guess I feel like I'm lying... when I'm really not. And then worry about going back to work; like if I don't still look somewhat sick, they'll think I was really faking. So I was out at the end of the week and had the whole weekend to get better... but don't want to get too much better.
2) I really get tired of peeing... seriously. Do you ever revolt against your body cause you feel you pee too frequently and just don't wanna go through the hassle again? Wearing elastic maternity pants were great! No zipping involved!
3) I have a semi-fear of public restrooms. Like the ones with a row of stalls. If I'm the only one in there... and have to check to make sure I'm really the only one in there. Look under stalls, want all the doors open, listen for noises, glance up frequently in the mirror. Too many movies where people get stabbed in the head/attacked in the mall bathroom or something.
4) I'm working on cleaning better... and cooking.. and laundry. One of my ex-roomies introduced me to FLYLADY (look it up) so now I have emails coming to me making me feel guilty for not doing the job of the day. Not doing great, but baby steps, right? One of the main points, which I try to remind myself of frequently, is the "P-word"... perfectionism. That the fear of not doing things perfectly keeps us from doing them at all...
this counts as 5) right... The perfectionism thing. Like not scrapbooking as much cause I'm too critical of myself cause I know what "good" looks like. Needing new camera after new because I need to be able to take perfect pictures. Criticizing every meal I make. Never happy with my home decor. Not wanting to speak Spanish outloud cause it's not perfect.... Get the picture? I'm really working on it though. Like my "garden" - either super happy with it or ignore it cause it's disappointing.... but I'm stubborn so I don't give up.... an endless cycle!
6) School supplies make me happy. Markers. Sharpies. Post-its. Nothing more exciting than bins of school supplies in the aisle at Target in August!
7) Greg says I'm an organizing freak. This points back to 5... I complain about how we need another bin, and he says, "Yeah, just what we need. More organizing." Not a lot of room in this little house for 3 people. Gotta make the most of it all! Should have bought stock in sterilite before I started stocking up :) .
here's an extra
8) Some have called me grumpy... sounds like it from the majority of my 7. Funny though cause others, honestly those who barely know me, say how optimistic I am.... Funny huh? Greg says I'm a lot better than I was in college. As long as I don't impart it to happy little Meghan that's all that matters!

I tag... Allyson, Kara, JoDee, Becky, and Leah. :)

2 comments:

The Whinery Family said...

Yay! You did it! Love the responses. And I totally understand the calling-in-sick dilemma.... I think it's worse when you're in healthcare though. Hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

LOL. Bobbie, you're great! I like how your 7 Random things was actually 8! Also, I could totally just copy your entire list and paste it on my blog, minus the fear of being in public restrooms.... Ditto on the calling in sick problem, I feel EXACTLY the same way. So much so that once during rotations, I took a sick day off and then felt bad the next day so acted like yea, I feel better but a little still icky, and my Doctor told me to go home and take that day off too!!! I felt REALLY bad after that!