Sunday, November 15, 2009

...

Pictureless...
So thanks for the patience... Monday (?) I tried to upload more pics from my camera to be met with a really slow computer so stopped... lest I max out my computer again. And no, Wade, still never transferred the videos over - intimidated perhaps. So you ask... why haven't you at least finished uploading the ones on your computer?
Late the week before or so?, Mom and Dad were met at our house by a fridge/freezer that was off. Managed to save some stuff and put it in the deep freeze. Slushy breast milk. Very frustrated. Saved the hard stuff but still not convinced I'm gonna use it. Decided that since I was off on Wednesday, we should go ahead and move to the apartment since the fridge there was reliable....
Started throwing stuff together, Greg takes loads over during the weekend. Tuesday afternoon I'm off for the month (mooching out this "maternity leave" stuff) so Mom and I pack up the kitchen. Wednesday we move and are in by noon... unpack the rest of the day. Eat one last sup with the parents and they are gone! Work on unpacking somemore Thursday afternoon until daycare calls to report that Meg is having diarrhea so I have to go get her. Granted, normal poop at home although bright red butt-ed.
Still frustrated with the freezer here... but decide it's good enough... Multiple work orders have been placed without response. Go by grocery store on Friday night cause Meg's out of milk. Note: by afternoon on Saturday, the child has drunk more than a 1/3 of a gallon... Sat night go for a full exploration trip to Krogers - pleasantly surprised. Multiple circles looking for frozen fruit to finally find the 5 or 6 options shoved next to the ice cream. HEB for that definitely...
Sat night and Sunday keep complaining about the freezer - sometimes colder than other times. Sun afternoon (after uneventful church trip...) finally had it with the freezer, throw afit pretty much, and demand that we go get the unplugged freezer from the old house (thank you greg for your patience)... guy finally comes while we are at small group --- new thermostat for the freezer.
So here we are. At least we got the internet up and running. Realized we have to get a new router - comcast provides for free it seems. And can we say... the comcast DVR setup stinks... I digress... If this is the least I have to complain about, I guess it will be okay...
But the breastmilk thing is very frustrating!!!

3 comments:

Becky Carter said...

I completely understand!! Breastmilk is like liquid gold! I am so sorry! I have had moments where I lost some to (not in my freezer but in transport) and I was devastated. so much work, down the drain....

ComcastCares1 said...

It appears that that there are many things for to handle. I do hope everything gets better there and I hope your daughter feels better ASAP.

I read about your cable and internet too. We provide modem for rental but we do not provide router. What is wrong with your DVR? If there is anything that I can do to help, let me know. I work for Comcast.

Mark Casem
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Sam said...

Lol why is the comcast guy checking your blog?! Weird! Sounds like you had an eventful week. How's Cooper doing in daycare?!