Thursday, July 26, 2012

Three Months of Mommy

 When Mommy wants pictures of her and baby, she just has to do it herself! (and yes, this is out of order but deal with it).  My "sabbatical" with Katelynn lasted twelve weeks, the longest work legally had to allow me to take maternity leave.  I was taking it.  I needed the break from work if nothing else.  But if three months of one-on-one is all I can give my baby - I'll take those three months!  Thankfully, we were blessed to be able to afford it so here we are... twelve weeks later... with the bliss coming to an end.  It definitely helps when you have a super-supportive husband who encourages you to continue to send the kids to school so I can have time with her.
 In the past, while I have loved having time for maternity leave, I always felt useless I guess you could say.  Like I needed to be working to prove my worth... that staying home wasn't being as productive as I wanted to be.  Too much time sitting on the couch memorizing Food Channel and HGTV.   Not so this time.  Granted, much time staring at the TV - but I've tried to not let that define my time off.  This isn't wasted time but baby time.  Time for us.
 Granted, between all this time and nursing, Mommy is your best friend, and you don't really want anyone else.  You are a spoiled little girl - but that's okay.  Daddy gets his time, and, honestly, I like that I can calm you in a way that no one else can.  It's nice to be reminded that you know my voice and my smell.  Know that everything is okay when you're with me.
And even better now that you smile back! I do love to talk to you and make you smile.  And you want to be talked to now... all the time.  And love talking back.

 It's not quantity but quality, right? I love you baby number three! It's been great staying home with you, but all good things must come to an end, right?  Hopefully, Mommy will be able to work it out with the clinic to reduce her load at least somewhat.  We have all been spoiled having more time in the evenings to spend together before Meg and Coop head to bed at eight.  I hate to lose that extra time.  Working Mommy doesn't mean work is Mommy's priority - we just need to figure out how to do this

2 comments:

Haley Neahr said...

Such sweet pictures!! You are super mommy and can totally make it work! I have faith :)

Samantha said...

Hope your first week of work is a breeze!