Thursday, August 27, 2009

Are We There Yet?

Two weeks ago...
I was supposed to have a surprise baby shower from the people at work - but they decided I wouldn't last and bumped it up.
Tonight... 37 weeks, 2 days.

So blogging is getting difficult... hunching is painful.
We doing okay until the OB said last week we were closer than we thought... and then nothing happened. My parents are here like last time - anticipating greatness. Getting mentally prepared for this to happen earlier than we thought - only to have that plan dashed.
I'm huger than ever with Meghan. My hips are no longer attached to each other I don't think. Might even be waddling - which I swore would never happen.
The good thing is that it forced us to get a little readier. The play pen is out next to the bed. Greg tried to be helpful and put it in the closet - seemed a little mean to me. We have baby clothes and diapers hung up and ready to go. My coworkers even pointed out to me that I needed baby detergent, to wash clothes... And then to realize we couldn't find some of the baby stuff - which Greg found in the attic. Still nameless?
People at work keep asking me why I'm there. Patients are asking hese days when I'm due - not hiding anything any longer. I was supposed to have patients scheduled for another several weeks, but we all freaked out and cancelled those. They didn't expect me back, but I'm such a hard worker I guess... for now. Every day I tell them I won't be there the next day... but then I am...

2 comments:

Becky Carter said...

you know the average gestational period for women is 41 weeks and some days. sorry to burst your bubble...everyone thinks they will go early! ;-) in my case, i always thought I would be late and delivered at 37 weeks with both boys...they both had trouble...Caleb breathing problems and was on a breathing machine and feeding tubes for a couple days. Luke was severely jaundiced and we had to return to the hospital a week later and admit him. Count your blessings! The longer that baby is in you, the healthier his chances are! Praying for you and your family! It will be here soon(and soon is a relative term you know)!

craigandjodee said...

Bob, you look great! I know you must be miserable and oh so ready. Hang in there and cook that baby as long as you can! I check your blog daily to make sure I don't miss anything. Keep us posted. We love you and your little ones!