Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Waiting Game

Here he is - Cooper Benjamin Baggett born at 12:45 on Sunday, September 6th weighing 7 lb 14 oz, 19 3/4 inches long!
Induction day was supposed to be scheduled for this upcoming week, but it go pushed back... and my doctor was concerned so asked me to call Sunday morning to talk to her on call. I thought she just had guilt about not wanting to make me wait another week, but she said she was really concerned that I was too far progressed - that I wouldn't be able to make it to the hospital when things started.
So we called and showed up at the hospital at 9:30 when I thought I was just going to be evaluated... then the nurse came in and told us Dr. Blackwell was going to keep me regardless. Hooked me up, seems I was already having contractions (and didn't know it :) ), Blackwell came and told me I had already dilated some more, hooked me up to the pitocin... and at 12:45 out he was! I'm sorry I don't have a better story...
For those of you wanting drama, I did have problems with my blood pressure dropping too low when I was laying on my back - down to 74/52? (something like that?)... and almost passed out while pushing so they had to put oxygen on me. So I didn't see much of anything while pushing - too focused on not passing out as they called my name to bring me to. Mom said I pushed 5 minutes, Greg said 10... either way, new record! :)
On his way out seems the little booger got the crown of his head out and wiggled it all over the place - they all thought it was funny...
Too much information? :)







No comments: