Friday, April 29, 2011

Someday My Prince Will Come

Old posts - out of order. I keep thinking I blog this stuff and remember how everytime I try, it freezes and I yell. This is I just caught the irony. My prince will come. My prince Will will come :) And not to be remembered is Cooper, sitting in my lap, watching the kiss and puckering with smooch noises. Too cute. Also, asking Meghan if she was a princess waiting on her prince - "but I don't have one". Someday, my little princess.
Anyways, Greg decided that the royal wedding was one of those events we would remember so we needed to get up to watch it. I was easily persuaded. It was going to be a good idea (per Mom if I do insist) so show Meghan a real princess - along with all the princess acoutrements including carriages and castles. Only, however, if you set to record on the correct type of digital channel - not to be confused with the other 2 or 3 settings we have for the same channel whether it is to be digital or analog or through the satellite. Point being - didn't tape.
I had all these great plans of showing Meghan the wedding. But just settled for seeing her pretty excited as she woke up in time to wait for the kiss. She crawled on the couch exclaiming we were waiting on the princess. And then tonight to sit next to me and watch the highlights as we showed her the carriage, church, music, little princesses, horses, and the tiara - of course.
Greg would point out to me that he also was three (like Meghan) when Diana and Charles got married. Mom to point out she was six when Queen Elizabeth married - yes, do the math.
I personally think Prince William and my brother Paul have a similar appearance...
And does watching the well behaved Brits make you wish you lived somewhere classy? We would have had indecently clad, inappropriately behaving rude people pushing and yelling... probably some protesters. If anyone cared to show up that is. And then probably wouldn't know the national anthem nevermind the national hymns.
No pressure, Will and Kate. But this was the most viewed example of Christianity seen in a while. And a great opportunity to take the vows of marriage seriously. May you be a shining example to the world of happily ever after - a true prince and princess for all the little princesses watching. And note: if I had known I would be in Westminster Abbey not long after this, I might have paid more attention!

No comments: