Monday, February 4, 2008

First Week Home

Our first week went pretty smoothly. My parents were here (and coming back at the end of the week for a couple of days) and helped out - aka let me take a nap! We're definitely gradually getting better... not about her but about training us to figure out what we're doing... Some days and nights are better than others. She sleeps where she wants pretty much - bassinette sometimes, definitely likes sleeping ON someone best. Sometimes we like our paci, usually just bat it out of our mouth and wake ourselves up. Swing good sometimes, sometimes makes us cry!
Went to the pediatrician for our jaundice checkup and all was good- but we learned the joy of a carseat... She slept for like 2 hours straight even when carried around in the seat with screaming children nearby! Pop with his other little girl

The dogs really have behaved better than I expected - and no I don't let Maggie sit on my lap while I feed Meghan, but she jumped up there and Mom insisted I let her take our picture... They are very involved dogs however. Tobey at least... Maggie just cares about that stupid ball :)



Pretty girl!

Not the best picture but definitely shows how much we did not like our first bath at home - granted Mommy didn't have a clue.... Thus, we look like a tomato! Cute little tooshie!
Happier when Memma gave the bath :)

I am having to work on addressing the kid by her name so she might finally learn that she does have one... Usually its Floppy, Pretty girl, Bird (she makes these little faces and squeaks)...
This parenting thing is pretty cool if I do say so myself... :)


3 comments:

Allison Horner said...

She's so adorable!!! Glad I got to meet her. :)

Anonymous said...

You guys should be proud. Sounds like you're doing a decent job with the parenting thing AND you still say nice things about each other! That second part is almost as amazing.

BTW - Pretty sure they aren't supposed to look so red. Granted, I don't know crap about kids.

Love you guys.
Janell

Kara said...

Bobbie,
She is so beautiful! You sound like you are doing great, I wish I was there to help out some. Let me know if I can do anything...is the video monitor coming in handy yet? :-)