Thursday, February 10, 2011

Meghan Turns Three!

We've been working on the three fingers for a while... usually required manipulation by the other hand to fold those extra fingers down. When the great grandparents decided to come down for the weekend, we took advantage of the get together to do a family birthday party.
Nate was very adamant that he was still bigger than Meghan... she very much says "I'm big like you and Bubba is little"... not that big, missy. Maybe cause we tell her all the time what a big girl she is... I digress...
The rule for presents this year was no toys (at least for the most part). We got lots of books including the Eric Carle collection complete with a caterpillar toy! Although, I must admit, my child was much more excited about the toys and kept looking through the bags for real presents. Very excited about the pretty purple dress and had to put it on right then. Complete with all the jewelry that went with it. And then wore it all day. And to bed as well for sleep... with pjs pants pulled on underneath.
With lots of helpers.


Got a good picture of Nanny!
This year the birthday singing and blowing was a big hit. Last year she was very hesitant for the attention... bu this year just knew what to expect and blew those candles right out. I'm sure it helped that "happy birthday" is a song she sings all the time, birthday or not.
I made a cookie cake...with the typical bad icing I'm so good at :)
Good picture of me!
You see who has charge of the kids and these yucky hands...
What a cute couple hanging out by the pool during nap time.

No comments: