Tuesday, January 29, 2008

And the award goes too....

Moms who breastfeed!
Too much information I know but I swear, when little mommies come in to see me in clinic who are nursing and seem to enjoy it, I think I'm going to have to give them a big hug or something. There's a reason so many give up on it. Several times Greg and my mom have looked over and laughed at the noise she makes when feeding only to have me correct them that it was really a cry of pain from me!
I know it's hard not to look funny at those women who plop them out in public because we seem to think it's "inappropriate" - but instead give them a smile and encouraging word... Especially when they manage not to scream or wince in the process... They are more woman than me - still keeping on it though... I would feel guilty to tell those mommies to do it when I myself am a sissy, right? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kuddos to you bob! It is totally worth it...and the pain DOES go away...promise ;-)!

Allison Horner said...

Great job, Bobbie!! You are such a good mommy! :)

Kara said...

Hang in there, Bobbie! BFing was not the most fun "mommy job" for me either, but it was worth it while it lasted. Hope yall are doing great! Love ya!