Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Deep Realizations...

Old pic for good times sake - Greg's grad school graduation. I guess that would be 2002?

Things I won't take for granted post-baby...

1) Rolling over in bed and knowing that all of your body will willingly follow without inducing ripping pain

2) Bending over at the coffee table, into the washing machine...

3) Daily poops!

4) Dangling your feet while sitting and not getting a swollen surprise when you stand up

5) Sleeping - just kidding... didn't do that well beforehand

6) Peeing and feeling your time was worth it - when it takes longer to sit down than pee... ug! Never occurred to me that when pregnant people pee all the time, they pee out soo much less each time (aka dribble, done!)

7) Appropriate anesthetic at the dentist - lidocaine with epi is not preggo approved

8) Easily getting in and out of the car; my quick trips days are over!

9) Laying on my back and belly without feeling I'm harming someone

10) Alone time with hubby!


Things I'll miss

1) Getting to wear fat pants daily - without feeling sloppy

2) Only being able to shop at several stores- sure makes the process easier

3) Excuses not to do things - "can't walk might fall and be alone", "can't ____, I'm pregnant" (Used this one for dancing :) ), "have to take a nap", "have zits cause I'm pregnant"

4) Getting dressed and no longer noticing size of hips cause too distracted by the belly

5) Not feeling self-conscious of the belly cause the fat has miraculously been replaced by this hard-as-a-rock bowling ball --- think the fat cells figured out how to migrate through my blood to my butt

6) Justifying milkshakes by saying you need the calcium

7) Sleep :)

8) Not fitting into clothes and feeling that it isn't your fault

9) People telling you how cute you are - and not thinking they're really telling you how horrible you look the rest of the time

10) Studying/sitting and seeing your whole belly shift out of the corner of you eyes and getting kicked when you try to use the belly as a book prop


Really I'm not whining... I've had it so easy. Good thing I don't believe in karma (or try not to). Otherwise, the next baby will have me puking my guts up for nine months and on bed rest for the rest of the time... I would recommend this to anyone. Really is tons of coolness. Like this bond with others moms now knowing we've all gone through it. And then sad when you realize all the cool stuff you think you're discovering has also been experienced by gazillions of women. 6th grade science project to the max!

In just a couple of days (the 25th) we'll be only 2 months from the official due date! Scary! Stresses me out thinking of all I need to do before then! I'm just a punk kid! ;)


Happy thankgiving to everyone! If you don't wanna be on the blog, don't let me take your pic :)

1 comment:

slwerner said...

sBobby, you are too funny! Great to read your thoughts and almost see the pictures of what you are saying. :) -Scott