Monday, December 3, 2007

Time for Jello!

This last weekend Greg ended his 29 year streak as a gambling virgin. I pushed a button on his slot machine a couple of times so maybe I'm halfway there - thinking I'm as far as I plan to go though cause the whole thing was a waste of time in my opinion. Every dollar was another cute outfit I could buy my kid... and lets face it, I get a lot more pleasure buying even just 2 pieces of scrapbook paper for that dollar that joining the masses wasting theirs! Truly amazing how quickly you can go through money when you just push a button every 10 seconds or so...
It was Greg's work's Christmas party at L'Auberge du Lac (which translated means "Inn of the Lake" - better in French) in Louisiana. They paid for two nights at the hotel (an expensive one at that), and the dinner and brunch Sat and Sun. Our price? Watching 40 and 50 year old co-workers with the intent on drunken behavior and dancing. And there were only like 30 of us there - so the dance floor would have been awkward had you known the people to start with. Worse so when it just meant watching the same 5 women dance while everyone else watched. Granted there were funny moments. And thankfully this ended when we snuck out at the wee hours of 9 or so. Only to hear the stories of stumbling back to their rooms at midnight during brunch the following morning.
I told Greg it's ironic that the only time I've actually been around actual Jello shots were those created by a 55-ish grown up who passed them out to the others.
At least it got me out of the house, got to stay in a nice hotel, eat expensive food - and be reminded why Greg and I go together so well and glad I didn't marry someone "fun". This would be an instance why "can't I'm pregnant" is beneficial - otherwise they might actually realize what boring non-alcoholic, non-dancing (non-gambling) people we really are!
Greg did end up $100 ahead - most of his coworkers were in the hole - and he said he had fun... even though he reaked of cigarette smoke from the slot machines... :)

No comments: