Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bluebonnets

Girls day #2 was my idea - rode trip in search of bluebonnets! The kid and I along with my MIL, SIL, and nephew went to Brenham (NW of Houston) with plans to do the Round Top antique/craft show and tour the BlueBell factory. Hard to take pics when a kid can't sit up... And when your MIL goes careening onto the shoulder of the highway at 70 MPH screaming about stopping here for bluebonnets - I'm lucky to be alive, Shelly! No one ran into traffic and no cars veered off to hit the crazy women and children risking their lives for silly pics... This is what Texans do afterall right? Granted, I don't think my parents ever risked my life for this rite of passge - lack of love or just loving my life more than a photo? :) Who knows how fulfilled and truly Texan I may be today if only they had done the same for me... hopefully, Meghan will appreciate me for this someday! Especially since she screamed the entire hour from Shelly's house to our house - so much for how I keep saying "she can't scream for too long... she'll eventually get tired, right?" - wrong.
Don't know why my child looks like she took drugs...Not pictured: Meghan folding in half toward her toes and Nate reaching forward and grabbing her by her face to pull her back up! :)

1 comment:

Allison Horner said...

Those pictures are amazing!

You'll definitely have to get some of them framed!!!!

:)