Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Movies to Rent...

It's a sad day in our household today... they took the TV! Man, that could be exciting if it were repo-ed in the middle of the night or something - but only taken for repair. They said 5 to 7 working days... What are we going to do! I've always said I would love to be one of those people who don't live with the TV on... would love to be, not that I am. I pretty much have it on all the time, especially staying home with her, just so we aren't sitting in silence. Now, for a week! I might have to go on minivacation elsewhere in Houston... or get off my butt and leave the house huh?
Greg rented two movies last night - only to realize we weren't going to have a TV hooked up to a DVD player... DOH! Don't worry though, still have the other one in the office for when I'm really desparate.
For those who value my opinion, here's my list of movies I've seen lately that I think you might like - cause I did... Granted, haven't seen many lately so those few are memorable...

1) Juno - rented it last night... would definitely recommend it. Funny, quirky... like my sarcasm to the max but funny and way more confident to say off-the-wall things than I. And really relatively clean despite it's pregnant teen premise. Kinda like Napoleon Dynamite but with a plot and purpose :)
2) Atonement - really liked it more the second time. It's different, artsy, independent - really interesting way the story turns around and is filmed and such. And really fun score with the typewriter as an instrument. Possibly slow but I seem to like that kind of thing.
3) Sweeney Todd - for my musically inclined friends who also appreciate the cute and quirkiness of big Johnny Depp, especially when he's singing. Enjoyable!
4) Across the Universe - for my Moulin Rouge friends... those who appreciate the Beatles and those who abhor them (you know who you are family!!) - with definite LSD trip moments. But fun!
5) dang it - little Greg... August Rush! That's it... we saw this movie at the end of pregnancy just knowing that if we planned something and actually did something, labor would happen... Which, of course, it didn't but still a fun movie. A la Mr. Holland - with the added bonus of little Greg - go look up Freddie Highmore, and it's a flashback to Greg's childhood. Make you feel warm and cozy inside.

Child crying... but lastly a warning.... don't go see Superbad! 2 hours of my life I will never get back - not to mention braincells... Stupid and vulgar!
Wish me luck on my no-TV life... this is really pathetic I think...

1 comment:

Leah said...

The only one of those I saw was Atonement, and I didn't like it. Well, I liked it until the very end. It was artsy and clever how they kept using the flashbacks to give different perspectives on the same scene.