Sunday, April 13, 2008

Time is Flying!!!

My baby is becoming a big baby way too quickly!!!Today, I (really Greg while I helped) pulled up the always dead looking but really "alive" plants in my front yard. I put the baby on a blanket under the trees - figured it would work since she likes to look up at them... She had a mild fever and red cheeks afterward - is it really possible for a kid to get sunburned in the shade??? Well, I feel guilty nevertheless...

Also, this morning was our first time to stay in the nursery - they said she did a good job. I did feel kinda wierd like she was missing - but it was the first time I'd managed to stay all the way through a sermon since she's been around. Of course, I think they held her the whole time.. She's in for a rude awakening at preschool when she has to play by herself!

Additionally, she has successfully spent 3 nights in her crib. I've decided I have a really good pediatrician who likes to help raise the kid the right way and not just give medical advice. She said that if we are going to easily move her into a crib and out of her room, it is important to do it before next month when her vision would be like an adults - at which point she decides that her room is my room. Also, that I need to prepare her in this time for how it's going to be for the next two years - my schedule not hers because she was fixing to set her own if I didn't do it for her... Never done it another way, but the transition to her crib sure was a lot easier than the horror stories I have heard from others. She's also started putting herself to sleep - the first time I thought it was because her shots made her not feel well, but she's done it like 2 times since! All you gotta do is flip her on her belly in her crib, and she's out! Just don't tell the SIDS police or my PA school teachers - they would tell me how I'm gonna kill my kid... But if you could see this kid move her neck around, you would understand!

No comments: