Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Reading... Eating?





It's gotten very difficult around here to read to Meghan.  She gets frustrated cause she wants to eat the book... or we get frustrated cause we give in to let her eat it, thereby ending the reading session.  At least we got some cloth books for her to nibble on :)
Last time I took her to the library (for me not her), she looked at the books on the shelf behind me and squealed.  Hopefully, this means she will like going to the library as much as me in the future.  Once we've gotten over the Cookie Monster approach to reading that is.  I so look forward to her with her little canvas library bag going and picking out her books to read - even if she doesn't like it! :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

I wouldnt worry that she just enjoys eating the books. Branson is just now starting to enjoy reading and he wants the same books over and over. He doesnt like when I read them word for word, he just likes to look at the pictures, point at stuff, etc. It is fun now, but it wasnt at that age. No worries!