Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Yeah Go Me!

So I'm new to the coupon world - call me a dweebo, but it's kinda exciting to never know what you're going to get in the newspaper on Sundays! And sometimes, you get three flyers --- then it's an exciting day.
On the news last week they were comparing shopping methods - one lady did just coupons I think and the other did the Grocery Game (online). She saved like 44$ or something... I've been investigating.  The online thing tracks sales trends and then matches the coupons with the sales... good theory. Little overboard - and I don't have room (or the desire) to have excess stored all over my house.
Been looking at flyers - esp diapers! - and comparing...
Went to HEB and saved 17$ - had a 6$ dog food coupon so 
doesn't really count...
Went to Kroger and only got (mostly) that which I had coupons for. I found out last week that they double and triple coupons (like 50 cents or less - not the biggies) so I've been looking forward to this trip to test the theory! So you see what's on sale, match it with your coupon (I save the biggies for HEB where the product will be cheaper anyways), they double or triple it... and if you're cool like me, you save 44$ today in one trip! 33% of my total.  Greg said it doesn't really count that much cause a lot of that is "kroger savings" with that stupid card - but if I hadn't bought stuff on sale on the card, it would have been higher right?
Impressive right?
Another tip: you don't have to buy 10 when it's "10 for $10" - ex: buy 2 and use your coupon for like "buy 2 and get 40 cents off"... they double it on top of the sales price! 
No one ever told me the ins and outs of this!
Not to mention, the store coupons themselves...
And there are places online to get extra coupons - haven't done that but might be the next step.
Granted, I won't be doing this everytime cause it takes too long and don't use that many of the products with coupons - but once a month or so might be fun right?
I do accept coupon donations.... 
And WHO buys enfamil or such formula when the store brand is half as much for the exact same thing?!!!  And don't buy store brand diapers - HEB good. Target - not good at all!
Now, tell me how good I am... Have to figure out what to spend my "savings" on now :)
The end ;)
I'll post pics tomorrow I promise, Tracy... Chill!

1 comment:

Kara said...

But...how many things did you buy just because you had a coupon that you wouldnt have even bought otherwise? Hmmm...something to think about. :)