Monday, June 9, 2008

Good Work Day :)

1) Got to tell a patient she was pregnant - surprise! First one for me... Tried to keep from smiling.
2) Got a hug from a pt undergoing alcohol abuse rehab... Thanked me for doing something with my life and not becoming like her.... sad! What do you say? Thank you? Tried to encourage her - hopefully by changing her life she can affect other who are younger so they stop while young... If she only knew how she affected me, right?
3) Pt with infected eye said "does the nurse have to give me the shot? I like you."

Awww... seems you gotta go through the junk to get the good.... :)
Thanks for the support...
Also had to try to comfort the crying patient contemplating suicide.... you never know what's behind door number 2 - the joys of family practice.
And when in doubt, always remember to say "if anything gets worse, go the the ER" - the most important butt-covering line there is, right?

No comments: