Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy First Daddy's Day!

So even though Greg (and his family!) are inept at celebrating Mother's Day --- a problem which didn't surface until my first one --- and Father's Day and don't really do much for each other's birthdays... I am insisting on starting a new tradition.  Whether Greg likes it or not, I think it's important to take a day, whether stupid manufacturers scheme or not, and say thank you and "you're doing a great job!".  
Here's to our Dad's and to Great-Pa ---  baby Meghan is blessed to have these men in her life....  and to you uncles and honorary uncles as well.... Hopefully, someday she'll meet a man who loves his ladies as much as you all do... Thanks for the great examples!
Pop with his Big Girl
Pa with his first, and no longer only, granddaughter
Great Pa - we need to see you again
Pa with his other little girl, Aubrey
Daddy and me - year and a half ago--- man how things have changed since then, huh?
My Daddy doing what he does best - and doing it right now too... see you in Colorado in month!
The Baggett men
Naptime this weekend with Daddy

Greg's first glimpse at his baby girl
Gotta go get Greg's Daddy Feast out of the oven - my brisket, twice baked potatoes, biscuit, and cookies... Lots of starch - the way he likes it:)  And I wasn't allowed to use fat/reduced fat either :)
We love our Daddy!
PS:  My brisket was awesome!  It's hard to stay so humble when you are so young and have already mastered your specialty :) ---  I'd make it for others if anyone would just come and visit!

2 comments:

Leah said...

You are going to be in Colorado?! Where, when????

ML said...

Bobbie - I love this post! Continue to make traditions and celebrate the days...your family will remember all of the fun times!! I'd love to hold that baby again (and have some of your brisket!). Merri Lynn