Saturday, October 27, 2007

Such Sweet Sorrow...

Research group! Haley, Michelle, and me (looking bald)

As of yesterday, I'm a free woman! Research project completed, classes over, and no more until graduation mid-December. Everyone is taking off and moving across state, town, or country. All going our separate ways. Except for us old married people already in their house. Some moving to go start a new job, others still looking. Some getting married, others adding babies. So many changes! I guess I should be used to such since it's for this reason I have friends all over the state - some which have been very tolerant and haven't hardly seen me while I've been in school. But that will change I promise! No excuses now - at least until January :) .

Allison isn't leaving me! :)

Brenda and me

PA school seems like it flew by when you look back. Seems not long ago that we were meeting each other and now it's going to be so wierd (and lonely) to have all my friends so far away. We've learned so much and are different now in more ways than just knowledge and skills. The whole journey so much more enjoyable with friends to go through it with, knowing we weren't alone any time along the way. I would say there is a deeper bond once you go through all that - seeing each other in the middle of the night on rotations, at 4:30 in the morning to start the day, at the end of a test when all you want to do is collapse, on the verge of tears when you're just so frustrated you don't know what else to do, and at the end of two and half years of trying to make something of ourselves. Even though we may be apart, I know there will be plenty of reunions, and I pity all those around who happen to be in the vicinity when we see each other at PA conferences and such. I'm sure the giggling and loudness will be just like old times.

Thanks to the friends and family and husband who have been so supportive. It has been so much easier knowing that everyone was rooting for me and excited for me and understanding of my neglect. PA school husbands should get special rewards - not only for supporting their wives but being understanding when they just need to cry, helping out when the thought of doing laundry just puts us over the edge, and going for sometimes days without seeing each other when schedules were at their worst. And I'm sure makes them appreciate that we didn't go to med school! I love you, Greg and couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment:

Allison Horner said...

Awww. Bobbie, that was soooo sweet. I couldn't have said it better.

Thanks for being my friend.

:)