Thursday, October 4, 2007

Visitors from A-far

Is that two words? Looks like Arab right now :)

Mom and Dad came down from distant lands (Wichita Falls) for several days. We met them north of Houston in the booming metropolis of Round Top for the antiques/arts festival. Huge and impressive - once again, way to be a trooper Greggo. Mom didn't point out to me until we got there that the crafts weren't really until next weekend. So we walking around ooh-ing and aah-ing at old junk... But gave us something to do.

Then they followed us home, and we played while Greg had to be a grown up and work. Being my family with a food focus, Mom didn't care what she did as long as she got shrimp! So we headed to Galveston to go back to Shrimp and Stuff where it was all just "wonderful" :) . Nothing compared to the beauty of Galveston Bay (note sarcasm) that we got to see from the ferry we rode across to Bolivar Peninsula at the east end of the island. There was nothing on the other side, but we did get to see dolphins on the way over. Lots on the way over (with missed photo ops) and not much on the way back. But more than I had seen in my 2.5 years here so far!
He's not really getting pecked on the head...

And sometimes if I'm lucky, I can actually catch Mom smiling!

Did I mention after weighing my options I decided skipping my "classes" was a good idea if it meant I could play instead? Only three more weeks and only seven actual days of "learning" - the " due to the fact that more could probably be accomplished at home but I'm a trooper too :)

1 comment:

Allison Horner said...

Skipping optional classes is totally ok. See, you can be a "slacker" like me!