Saturday, October 27, 2007

What Would You Choose?

So Greg's latest deep thought, prompted by the forest fires, was if I would rather my house burn down (aka loose all my earthly possessions) or lose my dogs. I quickly answered save my dogs... Greg looked at me like I was crazy. And then sent me off on a mission to poll my school friends who agreed with me; Greg's coworkers all agreed with him.
Maybe once you have a job and have worked hard and have kids the answer is different? I still say it depends on the relationship you have with your dogs. And when my house burns down I'm planning on insurance replacing everything - it would be different if I would be destitute and living on the street I guess. Everything in my house except pictures practically could be bought again and I would have a lot less stuff to worry about hauling around from house to house that I can't bear to throw away now - a fire might be a blessing in disguise. Greg even told me that dogs are earthly possessions! Does this look like morning cuddle time of a guy who believes such a thing?
Any input? I like to think Greg's the one in the wrong and not me - isn't that only logical?

3 comments:

Leah said...

You know I agree with you! Things can be replaced, but even if dogs are "earthly possessions" they are still part of the family.

Anonymous said...

Prissy would certainly go with me! MOM

Anonymous said...

I think Greg isn't as sweet as I once thought!
I'd save my pups any day. Even if it meant living on the streets.

I also have to say that Steve better get himself out since I'm focusing on the pups!

Janell