Friday, March 21, 2008

Flea, Fly, Flat, Flop!!!

This last 72 hours...
Wednesday: Mom flies into Houston to ride up to WF with me for the week - our "show and tell"... So many have yet to meet her...  We eat and spill on our pants of course. Go home and wash them (Mom only brought one pair) for supper that night - going to eat Mexican with Greg's family (17 of us?  there were a lot).  Dryer takes long and we end up leaving the house a little late.  
Drive about 15 minutes past the restaurant.  I
n the meantime, on the way to eat, Greg calls and says he got hit - the new car--- not really that bad and no hurts!  He takes care of that.  I get to the restaurant, he also drives by and misses it, he arrives late, we eat and go home...  All this means I have to spend Thursday getting my car ready to drive as we were planning on leaving Thursday early AM in my car, but now Greg has to take his car in for a repair estimate.

Thursday: 
Bye Greg! I'll take your car to get the estimate and the tire fixed if you take mine and get the oil changed so Mom and I can take it to WF.  
But first, I want to give Maggie a haircut since I can't do stuff like that without someone to watch the kid.  "Mom, what's all this black stuff in on Maggie?"  Yes, she confirmed my suspicion of fleas - no scratching, biting, itching... Just once she gets shaved does it look like someone sprinkled giant pepper flakes all over her!  Ick!  Give her a bath.  Get Tobey - who now really looks like a schnauzer... Give him a shower, read the bottle (after bathing him) that says not to get on skin or inhale, and soak for 5 minutes on the dog.  I'm naked in the shower with Tobey (my dogs take showers :) ) with the door closed - probably got it on my skin inadvertently somehow in the process... Then I start thinking about feeding my kid, hopefully not having gotten any on my skin... Thinking about her possibly ingesting it... Death... So, I tell Mom to feed the screaming kid a bottle - of which she drools it all and cries. I give in and feed her... 
No lunch yet...
I go to the dealership and look like an idiot - don't really know which parts of the car need to be fixed and for the life of me have the hardest time remembering the diff between tire and wheel.  End up waiting like 2 hours for a new tire.. wheel? ug!  The kid is at home hungry, I need to feed her (if you get my meaning)... did I mention my phone is dead even after being on the charger all night - I've had my phone since Abilene and it doesn't charge!!!
Rush home... She has finally taken a bottle from Mom while I was gone... Feed her a little more... Eat some crap food at home...
Go to wallyworld for flea stuff- who knew so many choices... and decide Greg is on his own for treating the dogs and yard and bombing the house...
Pack the car...blah blah...

Friday 4 am: 
Baby awake, fed, lets leave... All goes great until 3 hours later... 
Ring ring... "Bob, where are the keys to your car?"  I'm in his car with the only set of keys to my car... (He didn't say bye when he hung up... a little irritated? :) )  He calls for a rental, it takes an hour for them to pick him up, he misses his meeting at work.  We mail the keys over night (40$) from Corsicana to his parents house where he was planning on being all weekend - pay overnight to have it delivered on Saturday...  All that semi-resolved now...
Did I mention I'm a horrible mother and had two cokes on the ride in to WF today?  That means baby has gas and cries for much of the afternoon and is not happy...

Saturday: .....  That's tomorrow... hopefully all this is over!

PS: Gregger - at least I remembered the kid! Sorry for the headache!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am feeling for you bobbie! that is a terrible couple days. ;-) you are due for some good runs now...how was wf? i haven't been back in so long. don't know when i will get a chance to anytime soon...who knows though? hope things are going better...

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know. I read this blog thingy every now and again. And this one made my day!!! I had a rough day at work, and you made me smile ;) Love you bobbie!!! You are a good mommy!

Anonymous said...

It was a rough week for all of us! Maybe our luck is changing though....tax refund came in this week! Things are looking up!!!

greg